|Location:||New york, NY|
Description:The Business Development Director position is a key sales role within the Banking & Financial Services (BFS) Unit sales team for North America, responsible for executing regional sales and business development strategies for target companies within the BFS Unit.
team & delivery teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customers’ business and technology needs.
• Provide support to customers during initial phases of an engagement. Follow up and ensure total client satisfaction through the life cycle of the relationship.
• Support the team’s market research and competitive positioning analysis in partnership with regional presales, marketing, and product development staff.
• Adhere to all Sales, Human Resource, and corporate ethical policies, standards, and guidelines.
• Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility, and trust.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong hunter profile with a proven track record of success in selling technology outsourcing services into the BFS Industry
• Demonstration of a consistent over-achievement of client acquisition and sales revenue targets.
• At least 8 years of experience in selling IT services within the region, preferably working in a leading IT services & products firm with prior experience of working with offshore teams.
• Strong local contact base and access to alumni, local associations, industry associations within the region.
• Good understanding of the BFS industry.
• Experience with vendor selection processes including RFI and RFP issuance and response management;
• Experience of working on opportunities run by Third Party Advisory Firms such as TPI, Equaterra , etc
• Understanding of customer decision making criteria as it pertains to offshore services, consulting, enterprise solutions
• Ability to maintain strong sales management focus during sales cycles that are typically six months to one year in duration.
• Demonstrated ability to manage often complex negotiations with senior-level business and technology executives at leading BFS Companies.
• The candidate is expected to travel regularly to regional prospect and customer locations to support lead generation, sales presentations, contract negotiations, engagement implementation, and ongoing relationship building.
• Bachelor’s degree required.