Location can be either plano, TX or St. Peter, FL
• Leading the TPA Risk function to develop, implement and maintain an effective Operational Risk and Internal Control Framework. Role reports to Head of Legal, Risk and Compliance.
• The Head of Risk is responsible for developing and administrating an effective risk management cycle, to identify measure, evaluate, respond, monitor and report on risks on an on-going basis.
• Will develop TPA Risk Policy and Methodology in line with TPA risk appetite and develop and agree on Key Risk Indicators for client.
• Oversee the Operations Risk Team including key risk management activities such as: Operations risk reporting and error resolution, Risk and Controls Self Assessments, Business / Project risk assessments, monitoring of key risk indicators, contribute to the management of client risk department by building relationships and engaging with other Heads of teams and senior management.
• Ensure adequacy and timely delivery of management information and advice to stakeholders including the Board, Executive and Senior Management levels, giving a view of the enterprise risks and control environment.
• Engage with stakeholders at the TPA and Client, Board, Executive and Senior Management levels and providing support for risk-based decision making and assurance that controls are functioning well within the first line of defense.
• Ownership of the Information Security policy providing oversight and ensuring adequate staffing to provide guidance to the business on all information security related matters including continuity of business and disaster recovery.
• This role will have 2 Team Members reporting into it
• Minimum of 10 years of experience and a strong understanding of insurance regulation, conduct of business and a detailed knowledge of policies and procedures for risk management and internal controls
• Strong understanding of insurance regulation, conduct of business and a detailed knowledge of policies and procedures for risk management and internal controls.
• Experience of deploying the Operations Audit and Information Security framework at TPA.
• Strong Leadership and management ability.