Location can be either Plano, TX or St. Petersburg, FL
• To lead the Internal Audit function within
TPA to provide assurance to the Board and the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes. Role reports to the Audit Committee of the TPA Board.
• Establish and lead a high quality, professional Internal Audit team for TPA including recruiting, training and developing appropriately qualified, skilled and experienced staff.
• Develop and deliver an annual risk–based audit plan covering all TPA activities, ensuring audit effort is directed towards the areas of greatest strategic and operational risk.
• Oversee the implementation /execution of the annual audit plan.
• Deploy best practice methods and management skills to deliver high quality audit assignments.
• Operate an appropriate reporti
ng mechanism that provides a clear statement, across TPA business, of key issues identified and the status of management actions to address them.
• Liaise closely with the external auditors to ensure that they can place maximum reliance on the work of Internal Audit.
• Establish effective and open communications with clients (Insurance Carrier’s) Audit, Risk and Governance functions and ensure that contractual obligations and their reasonable requirements and expectations are met.
• The role will have an internal audit team reporting into it
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in internal audit, a large part of which should have been gained within the Life Insurance and Health Insurance sector.
• Knowledge of Internal Audit professional standards and current corporate governance requirements.
• Experienced in deploying and internal audit framework for TPA
• Knowledge of SOX requirements.