Located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania the Application Development Manager for Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) will lead the team responsible for managing the systems that drive distribution center warehouses. Our WMS is a mission critical systems that drives our business and in this role, the Application Development Manager – WMS will focus on large projects in the U.S. and Canada and will oversee all hardware, development and will tightly interface with our distribution center and operations user groups.
• directs and coordinates activities of an established development team engaged in computer programming to assure effective computer resources are provided to users
• Be the liaison to the business team and upper management, effectively managing small, medium and large scale development projects and implementations utilizing both internal and external resources.
• Work closely with vendors to ensure costs and timelines are met for Warehouse Management System (WMS).
• In addition to management responsibilities, perform Business Analysis (BA) and Project Manager (PM) duties.
• Interface with executive management to convey departmental and system platform needs
• Budgetary responsibilities - forecasting and tracking
• Analyze problems and capabilities to develop solutions for improved operating procedures, alternate processing methods, communications, information flow, management reporting, and operational efficiency.
• Confer with programming personnel and oversee testing of new and revised programs and procedures
• Experience facilitating SDLC processes.
• Understanding and application of Sarbanes-Oxley controls relative to the SDLC.
• Oversee evaluation, development, and maintenance of data systems.
• Oversee and direct defect resolution as required.
• Approve and direct program release deployments.
• Prepare or review records and reports of production, operating, and down time .
• Recommend changes in programs, routines, and quality control standards.
• Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
• Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
• Present to management recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware, software, and telecommunication equipment.
• Stay abreast of advances in technology
Basic Qualifications (Required)
• B.S Degree
• At least five (5) years of experience with Warehouse Management Systems.
• SDLC management experience
Candidate Must Have: WMS development, implementation and maintenance/post support experience SDLC