Brief Posting Description
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Business Development Manager to take ownership and responsibility for promotion and sales growth goals for Rockwell Automation’s Power product portfolio which is based on PowerFlex® AC, DC, and Medium Voltage Drives as well as Intellicenter® Motor Control Centers, along with a complete line of complementary products. Knowledge of Rockwell Automation’s Integrated Architecture, Logix®controllers, and networks is beneficial.
The position will require the Business Development Manager to be a domain expert in the area of Drives and Power standards and applications.
The BDM will lead a team of automation engineers specializing in supporting our customer’s application need in the Drives and MCC area.
The Business Development Manager will also work with the Rockwell Automation team to develop commercial programs, strategic initiatives, and to enable continued growth in this product segment.
• Integrate with company’s sales force and business partners to provide technical expertise, sales presentations, and product demonstrations
• Analyze market conditions, develop business plans Motivate, support, and lead outside sales force to proactively implement the business plans.
• Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support as required for Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley products & services.
• Call on customers such as engineers and management personnel at Industrial End-User and OEM organizations to convince prospective clients of the desirability of products and services offered.
• Develop and implement strategic sales and marketing programs to achieve corporate goals.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required
• Knowledge of industry including suppliers, customers, and competitors
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business analysis, financial modeling and negotiation skills
• Ability to initiate and develop relationships with key decision makers both inside and outside the company
• Ability to spot new business opportunities and quickly evaluate opportunities
• Ability to analyze financial and operational data, statements and projections
• Ability to identify and cultivate external resources
• Ability to accurately recognize when request additional company resources
• Ability to establish a relationship of trust
• Ability to learn complex technical information quickly
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to simultaneously manage several projects
• Familiarity with aforementioned product groups
• Engineering or Technical background required
• Associates Degree in Engineering or related field required Bachelor's Degree preferred
Automation Rockwell Sales Business Development Analytical Skills
Candidate Must Have: