|Location:||Cedar Rapids, IA|
· Effectively manages staff to achieve performance standards, develop and motivate staff to achieve effectiveness; mentors, trains and shares high level knowledge.
· Ensures the integrity and accuracy of accounting and/or financial reporting information.
· May authorize and/or approve legal, regulatory or company documents.
· Prepares/reviews written analyses of issues to enhance the understanding of senior management; makes recommendations.
· Works effectively with internal/external contacts to ensure business issues are resolved for the success of the company
· Understands and applies technical accounting concepts for multiple bases of accounting.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
· Minimum of 10 years previous experience, with degree.
· Demonstrated management experience.
· Extensive knowledge of a specialized accounting area preferred (for example, investments, insurance products, premium, tax).
· Effectively communicate orally and in writing to all audiences; ability to handle multiple projects by using effective project management skills and delegation skills.
· Organizational and prioritization skills, effective judgment and decision making.
· Possess the ability to take initiative and responsibility to problem solve and troubleshoot in an effective and efficient manner.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail to assess the problem and find a solution.
· Works well within a team environment and have strong communication skills to collaborate with others