|Location:||Cedar Rapids, IA|
· Ensures the accounting transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
· Reconciles, investigates, corrects and adjusts accounting information in accordance with aggressive deadlines.
· Reviews or analyzes data for completeness, material changes, variances and other appropriate information.
· Determines appropriate methodology to prepare information for use by others.
· Identifies, participates and contributes ideas for success in relation to assigned work, projects or other process enhancements.
· Understands the flow of information, financial systems, appropriate reporting tools and uses that knowledge to troubleshoot problems.
· Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of internal controls.
· Assist in other multiple bases of accounting and financial reporting projects on an as needed basis.
· May assist in documenting business processes, identifying controls and deficiencies in business processes, testing of identified controls, and mapping of internal financial statements to business processes.
· May coordinate/review work or supervise others.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
· Minimum of two years of experience, with degree
· Working knowledge of accounting area preferred (for example, investments, insurance products, premium, tax).
· Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, ability to handle multiple projects, customer service approach, willingness to take on new projects.
· Work effectively individually and within a team; organizational and prioritization skills.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
· Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.