|Location:||Cedar Rapids, IA|
· Responsible for the accounting of complex transactions or processes typically associated with advanced accounting such as verifying the accuracy of journal vouchers and accounting classifications assigned to various records; processing and summarizing financial transactions; preparing income and balance sheet statement; assisting in the preparation of financial reports (e.g., for shareholders, policyowners, regulatory authorities and management) and state and federal tax returns.
· Works with both internal and external sources to ensure proper reporting of financial data.
· Responsible for financial statement preparation and analysis. Reviews or completes analysis of complex accounting issues.
· Leads projects, which may include integration of new concepts and/or initiatives, or new or acquired blocks of business.
· Responsible for reviewing quarterly and annual schedules for statutory filings.
· May research, recommend or approve new policies and procedures. Assist in the establishment or updating of financial and accounting policies as needed and assist the business units in the application and adherence to policies.
· Exhibits in-depth knowledge of accounting, systems and information flow to ensure data integrity and operation efficiency.
· Perform special analyses and projects as requested and prepare reports of detailed findings for management review.
· Assists with the preparation of the divisional budget.
· Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of internal controls.
· May have supervisory Mentors, trains or shares high-level knowledge with others in order to contribute to the development of the department.
· Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent
· Minimum of 8 years of experience, with degree.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
· Extensive knowledge of accounting area preferred (for example, investments, insurance products, premium, tax).
· Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, ability to handle multiple projects, willingness to take on new projects, customer service approach.
· Work effectively individually and within a team, organizational and prioritization skills, effective judgment.